I woke up this morning and it had snowed but the worst part was it was 15 degrees and breezy. I couldn't drag myself on the treadmill again so I braved the cold with Jeter. It wasn't bad except when I ran east into the wind. We ended up with 9 miles. I couldn't tell if I felt good or not because I was so cold. Even with Vaseline on my face my nose and cheeks were still freezing. The cold didn't effect Jeter at all as he was his usual boucy self! I am so ready for spring!
I did a 21 miler on Saturday for my long run and it actually felt really good. I think my body is so used to doing long mileage on the weekends as I haven't done less than a 17 miler each week since October. The first 6 were difficult because it is so dark and desolate and I don't have Jeter to keep me company. I joined CRC after 12 miles and everything seemed to click. What a great group they are - such nice people.
Yesterday I did an 11 miler at a little over 8 minute pace on the treadmill. I'm going to try to take it a little easier this week to try to give my legs a break. Last week I hit 69 miles which is my all time high but my legs are definitely feeling more tired.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment